Family law is a branch of law that is regulated in the second book of the Turkish Civil Code No. 4721, which deals with family-related institutions including engagement, marriage, divorce, alimony, paternity, adoption, custody, guardianship and curatorship. Lawsuits related to family law disputes must be filed in family courts, which are specialist courts. In judicial districst where the family court could not be established, the civil court, hears the case as the family court.
Family law encompasses not only the establishment of institutions listed above, such as engagement, marriage, divorce and adoption, but also the terms and outcomes of these. Apart from the purpose of protecting the rights of people living in the family and preventing their victimization, it is also important for the protection of the social order.
With more than 35 years of experience and lawyers who are experts in their fields Önal & Önal Law Office, within the scope of family law, by always paying great attention to the privacy of private life, provides services to its clients in many subjects such as;
- divorce cases,
- material and immaterial compensation cases,
- custody and guardianship cases,
- paternity cases,
- cases arising from division of matrimonial property,
- requesting injunctions based on domestic violence and similar situations,
- preparation of consensual divorce protocols,
- recognition and enforcement of court decisions given by foreign courts,
- filing and pursuing lawsuits for alimony.